May 28, 2010

Explosion of sorts

Recently my son Caden and I were preparing to grill. He loves grill in with his daddy. We prepared the chicken and went out on the deck to start the grill. He's got this down, you turn on the gas and then click the start button. I've told him over and over to not stand close to the grill when starting it, because it could explode. Time after time it never has though. Well, he went to push the start button with his face right there by the grill and BOOM! a flash of fire came out. It caught both of us by surprise. I rushed him into the shower and discovered that both of us were really lucky. It just cinched his hair and mine but no major burns.

Early the next day, I was drinking a cup of coffee reflecting on what happened. The first question I asked, was this, "Why did this happen?" You see a few days before this incident some friends of mine helped me build a deck and what happened was all the saw dust from the treated wood had built up in the grill. Then when Caden went to start it, the saw dust accumulation caused the explosion.

Then it HIT me. Many of us get close to sin but it never explodes. Time after time people warn us that if we are not careful that particular sin could destroy us. We get comfortable and start doing what my son Caden did, not even give it a thought. Then one day we get too close to that particular sin and ALL of a Sudden it Explodes in our faces.

Check out what James 1:13-16 says, "13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full‑grown, gives birth to death.
16 Don't be deceived, my dear brothers."

Look at the steps to explosion with SIN -
Step 1 Enticed - it won't hurt you. It will be good for you.

Step 2Desire is concieved.

Step 3 It give birth to SIN.

Step 4 Sin begins to grow.

Step 5 Sin EXPLODES and Kills YOU

What in your life are you dabbling with? What in your life are you getting comfortable with and starting to think, "I Got this", I can handle this. If that's where you are, Check out the steps again from scripture.

"Sin will take you further than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay and cost you more than you want to pay."

I hope you will begin to run toward Jesus and away from your sins!!!

No comments: